Goodness Lies in Everyone

Image result for people of sparks
  School is about to end and I have grown so much. My time in reading has increased and I've started to enjoy much of the books I read. I've read around 10 books which is an adequate amount for me. I have been reading around an hour each day and plan on increasing that time. I challenged myself last time in reading books the are nonfictional and its been going well. I want to try out other types of books like comic or autobiography books. I have wanted to read a book called Zero Days which seems like an interesting book. I want to be able to start reading poems and such just to understand how they work. I have read the book The People of Sparks which seems like a lower level grade book but I loved the plot when I read it as a kid.

  This book is a sequel to the City of Ember where citizens live in an underground village. The people afraid of losing their homes left the city to the surface of a post-apocalyptic world. Here the citizens of ember get help from people of the city of sparks. As they reach, the people of sparks agree to provide food while the others work.

  In the book, Lina, one of the main characters, has a hard time coping with the new environment after leaving her city underground.
“When someone has been mean to you, why would you want to be good to them?' 'You wouldn't want to. That's what makes it hard. You do it anyway. Being good is hard. Much harder than being bad.” This quote reminded me of a saying that one should love their enemies more than ones friends. the quote helped me understand that anyone can be bad, but not everyone can be good. People can harm each other through words or fist. If one wants to be good, one must be mature enough to see beyond the problem and to look for a solution. People these days do more harm than good because it's easier to harm someone. Not everyone is bad though. All are good but to find the goodness within them is the difficult part. We can be good but helping each other out and making the world be connected as one rather than be divided. "Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness. People are just people, and all people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness."

Comments

Popular Posts